Internet router/modems RRS feed

• Question

• I have an idea based off an experience I'm having with my modem. some one keeps remotely trying to hack my modem using the modems internal identifying information yet no one has been in my house to look at the modem tomorrow I'm replacing it. I would like to suggest to make something to stop this as all the modems that are made are made in other countries rather than the US. there are a few made in the US but not ones I can find that work for my specific internet service and phone service which is very annoying. please come out with software that would prevent this for windows ten. and can you help me find a manufacturer that would be able to provide a US built modem that works for Comcast or exfinity cable networks.
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:54 AM

All replies

• I log into the modem itself that's how I get this information. I believe I viewed about 15 different mac addresses so far trying to do this apparently they keep trying to send signals to run maintenance checks but there were a couple more but every time they try the service cuts in and out trying to stop these checks. but the maintenance checks are coming from unidentified mac addresses. I have my firewall on it on medium. quick fixes would help because the router doesn't have a block option for this.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:03 AM