can't see "online search" in ribbon RRS feed

• Question

• Hi experts,

I was following an example from the book ‘applied MS BI’, and the example is “online search” with power query.

But I can’t find it on my power query ribbon.

I should be seeing this after clicking “online search”

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 3:57 PM

Answers

• Hi maca128,

Thanks for your question.

I guess you are using Excel 2016, if you are using Excel 2013, then you will be able to find “online search”on power query ribbon.

If you are using Excel 2016, you may want to use the similar function called Data Catalog Search. On the POWER QUERY tab, click Sign In. In the Sign In dialog box, click Sign In, and then enter your organizational account information that was used for signing up for Power BI.Signing in to Power BI using your organizational account enables you to find and use the queries that have been shared for users within the organization. You cannot search for queries that are shared within the organization in Power Query if you are not signed in to Power BI.

For more information, you can refer to a similar thread,as Curt Hagenlocher stated in below URL:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2be12d36-9ade-4eea-80ec-7c56be9e78e0/power-query-for-excel-2016?forum=powerquery

Best Regards
    Willson Yuan
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 2:44 AM