Google Play Services - Ads throws java.exe exited with code 2 RRS feed

• Question

• User187134 posted

I tried to add this component today, but after adding it, I started to receive java.exe exited with code 2 exception.

Is this a bug in the component or do I have to change something to make this work?

Thank you in advance

Friday, June 9, 2017 11:01 PM

Answers

• User102046 posted

@LarsNymand yes it happens, actually you hit the 64k method limit in java. for this please enable multidex option in the project properties or you can use ProGuard(it is a little bit complex). just google for multidex/java64k limit you will understand

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:13 AM

All replies

• User102046 posted

@LarsNymand yes it happens, actually you hit the 64k method limit in java. for this please enable multidex option in the project properties or you can use ProGuard(it is a little bit complex). just google for multidex/java64k limit you will understand

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:13 AM
  • User187134 posted

Thank you @Xami3 I think I misunderstood the other threads. I thought this error only came if one of those were enabled.

I enabled Multidex which game me the same error as in this thread: https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/88955/upgraded-to-android-7-0-no-longer-builds

After moving android-sdk to a folder without spaces and changed the sdk path in visual studio (tools -> options -> xamarin)

now everything compiles but no ads were showing.

I will have to investigate that some more.

Saturday, June 10, 2017 7:53 PM
  • User102046 posted

@LarsNymand yes after enabling multidex, if your path for android sdk contains spaces then it gives another error. in my case java2 error was because of googleplay services. i am using latest sdk. then i moved sdk to D drive with no spaces. i had to update proguard in the sdk folder too.

Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:34 PM