none
Labview installation stalls during "registering type libraries" pass RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to install Labview on my WES7 device but the intallation stalls at around 16% when registering type libraries.

The installer doesn't respond anymore (not even to quit) and the only option is to force quit it with the task manager.

I am sure the problem is caused by a missing package but i can't figure out which.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 10:09 AM

All replies

• Hello Gabba3:

Can Labview be installed on the Windows 7? If the answer is yes, run tap.exe in your target machine with Windows 7 system first. The location is c:\program files\windows embedded standard 7\tools\image configuration editor. After that, device.pmq for target machine exist.

Import device.pmq and add "application compatibility" template into your image to test your issue solve or not.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:29 PM
  • Hello Bagira!

I have already done what you suggest, in the application compatibility Labview installs smoothly...

I have then created my own customized Image starting from the "Industrial Automation" template to whom I have added some packages.

Obviously I am missing a package or a feature which Labview needs when registering type libraries...

I'll keep trying and let you know if I come up with a solution to it.

Thanx.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 1:00 PM
  • Sounds like you are missing some packages. Try building a WES7 image with Application compatibility template - which has everything. Then you can use the answer file diff tool (http://archive.msdn.microsoft.com/afdiff) to zero in on the missing features in your custom image.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:33 PM
  • Thanks Sean,

Searching the NI forum I found out that the problem is caused because this part of the installer was not granted Administrator privileges, and could not edit the registry. How can I grant the installer administrator priviledges? I have tried the "run as administrator" for the installer without any luck...

Here is the link to the national instrument page:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/627F8B1A99A72DBC862578770051FB9B

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:07 PM
  • Is the account an administrator account, or something else?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 8:44 PM
  • I haven't set any account preference in the answer file, I set the account during the installation of the OS.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:25 AM