none
Segregation of Duties RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts

I have one more issue concerning the super user , I have done the segregation of duties in my application as follows:

(1) Sales

(2) Purchases

(3) Stores

(4) Finance

(5) Salaries

(6) Inventory

(7) Managers

by using the code below in collaboration with the user rights table and the login form , it works very well no issues. Now I want to make people with user rights called "Managers" access the entire application, then how can I amend the code below?

It is on open event

Dim strSelling As String

strSelling = " Sales"

If Forms!FrmLogin!CboUserRights.Column(2) <> [strSeling] Then

MsgBox " Your not authorized to open this form"

Cancel = True

Exit Sub

End If

End Sub

This code is pasted behind the selected forms , and so if login as " Sales " I will be able to access all the areas relating to sales module. Now I want include the users with " Managers " rights as well so that they as well access the sales module, is it possible to amend the above code. Assuming I declare the managers rights as below:

Dim strAdmin As string

strAdmin = " Managers" 

Kindly note all the forms are operated from the switchboard manager

Regards

Chris

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 7:15 AM

All replies

• Hello Chris,

>> if login as " Sales " I will be able to access all the areas relating to sales module. Now I want include the users with " Managers " rights as well so that they as well access the sales module

I think you just need to add an If condition to check if Forms!FrmLogin!CboUserRights.Column(2) equals to strAdmin.

E.g.

Dim strSelling As String
    strSelling = " Sales"

Dim strAdmin As string
    strAdmin = " Managers" 
    'if user is manager, no need checking for sales
    If Forms!FrmLogin!CboUserRights.Column(2) =[strAdmin] Then
    MsgBox "Manager could open this form"
    exit sub
    End if

If Forms!FrmLogin!CboUserRights.Column(2) <> [strSeling] Then
    MsgBox " Your not authorized to open this form"
    Cancel = True
    Exit Sub
    End If

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 9:24 AM