About printing in receipt using c# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys!

Is it possible to print a receipt in a crystal report?

I am able to get values from my mysql database to crystal report viewer.

Is it compatible with printing receipts?

if not.. please help. Thanks

• Moved by Neddy Ren Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:40 AM (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 7:31 PM

Answers

• As long as the computer that's connected to the printer in question has the correct drivers, it's possible.

We have a large array of both ordinary laser printers and thermal or zebra printers at work, and all prints are basically reports from Crystal.

Regarding the page size question, it can indeed be an issue.

But, just configure the printer correctly as well as the driver and make sure that the Crystal report's page size is within the limits of the printer, and there should be no problem.

One good thing to know, if you open your report in Crystal. Go to the File menu and then to the Page Setup.

Check the "No Printer" checkbox and sometimes it might help checking the "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Page Size". That might help when printing labels or pages that aren't standard size.

Hope to help

Best regards

Friday, February 25, 2011 6:23 AM

All replies

• If I understand you correctly(that is, if it's possible to print a Crystal report from a C# application), yes it's possible. 

(Insanely short answer, but then again, the question was pretty generic)

Best regards

Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:34 PM
  • For help in Crystal Report for Visual Studio's printing support, try the Crystal Report for Visual Studio forum at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/threads

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 8:58 PM
  • I mean, i have a crystal report and i would like to print it to the thermal printer.

Is it compatible with that printer? how about the page size and length?

Friday, February 25, 2011 3:09 AM
  • As long as the computer that's connected to the printer in question has the correct drivers, it's possible.

We have a large array of both ordinary laser printers and thermal or zebra printers at work, and all prints are basically reports from Crystal.

Regarding the page size question, it can indeed be an issue.

But, just configure the printer correctly as well as the driver and make sure that the Crystal report's page size is within the limits of the printer, and there should be no problem.

One good thing to know, if you open your report in Crystal. Go to the File menu and then to the Page Setup.

Check the "No Printer" checkbox and sometimes it might help checking the "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Page Size". That might help when printing labels or pages that aren't standard size.

Hope to help

Best regards

Friday, February 25, 2011 6:23 AM