none
[MS-RPDBCGR] How to get PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS . RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I`m developing Android RDP App.

I want to get PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS or send my PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS

(change status korean / english)

when i connect windows server from Android RDP App.

[MS-RPDBCGR] How to get  PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS in 2.2.8.1.1.1.2 Share Data Header (TS_SHAREDATAHEADER) pduType2 (1 byte)

• Edited by ayocj Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:23 AM
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:23 AM

Answers

• Update to forum: Ayocj and I researched this off line.  Windows no longer sends PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS when the user goes to the IME-painted icon in the Systray and switches between English and Korean (or to/from other Far East character sets).  RDP clients that send key scancodes (KeyCodes) to the server don’t need to know of the change as they are just transmitting the code of the physical key that was pressed, not the symbol printed on that keycap; RDP clients that send Unicode characters will have those characters (English or Korean) accepted by the server-side regardless of the current input mode.  Users that are accessing a keyboard on a platform that sends Unicode keyboard input will need to know to change the input mode via the non-Windows platform interface, not the IME icon on the Windows screen.  We are working to update the documentation as to when this PDU stopped being sent by the server side.

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Ayocj:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:10 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Ayocj,

I can research this for you.  Can you send me an e-mail at "dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com"?

Bryan S. Burgin Senior Escalation Engineer Microsoft Protocol Open Specifications Team

Friday, March 1, 2013 7:07 AM
  • Update to forum: Ayocj and I researched this off line.  Windows no longer sends PDUTYPE2_SET_KEYBOARD_IME_STATUS when the user goes to the IME-painted icon in the Systray and switches between English and Korean (or to/from other Far East character sets).  RDP clients that send key scancodes (KeyCodes) to the server don’t need to know of the change as they are just transmitting the code of the physical key that was pressed, not the symbol printed on that keycap; RDP clients that send Unicode characters will have those characters (English or Korean) accepted by the server-side regardless of the current input mode.  Users that are accessing a keyboard on a platform that sends Unicode keyboard input will need to know to change the input mode via the non-Windows platform interface, not the IME icon on the Windows screen.  We are working to update the documentation as to when this PDU stopped being sent by the server side.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:17 PM