none
What are the default values for VC++ directories: Include Directories & Library Directories

Question

• I deleted the values in these fields by accident and I am experiencing the strange behaviour that the new values persist even when creating a new solution or indeed on reinstalling Visual Studio. I have reinstalled 3 times, tried downgrading to the community edition, manually deleted data that persisted after uninstall... I am at my wit's end.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi James,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

It seems that the VC++ directories won't recover once you manually delete this values.

For this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Create a new C++ project.

2. In Properties> VC++ Directories, manually set the General Directories values the same as below:

3. Save the Properties which you modify.

4. Restart VS and check if this values for VC++ directories already exist.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 20, 2016 7:42 AM
  • Thank you very much Lana! This is working for me now. Could you please tell me if there should be any difference between the values for debug and release? I got the x64 libraries to work by dropping the "_x86" so this difference is clear to me.
    Saturday, October 22, 2016 2:49 PM
  • Hi James,

You are welcome, I'm glad to hear you have had your issue resolved. And thanks for sharing us your result here.

If you think my reply is helpful, please mark my reply as the answer, it will benefit to other community members who have the same issue. It will be easier for them to search the solution.

>>Could you please tell me if there should be any difference between the values for debug and release?

For this question, it is about the difference between debug and release. As we know, This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I suggest you go to Visual Studio Development>Visual Studio Diagnostics (Debugger, Profiler, IntelliTrace) so that you could get a better support of this.

Thank you for your understanding.Have a nice day:)

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 24, 2016 6:52 AM