none
Custom Field - Custom Form RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

I made a custom form with a field called "Gerente", i would like to have a button like "TO" where i click and it opens the address book, so i will avoid miss type errors in this field.

how can i do that? i just can't figure out.

Thank you all.

Thursday, September 12, 2013 9:19 PM

All replies

• Where exactly is the problem?

What have you tried so far? Don't you know how to react to a Button? Is it the Display of teh AdressBook?

Friday, September 13, 2013 9:28 AM
  • The exactly problem is, how to simulate the "TO/CC/BCC" function (type a name and check the names when click in "check names" or opens the address book).

Always when you open the address book, its only fills the field TO, CC, BCC not a custom a field like i have.

I tryed to duplicate the CC button, and change it to a another name, because i don't want to send email to this guys.

But the outlook says i can't have two "CC/TO/BCC" buttons at same time.

Sry about my english.

Friday, September 13, 2013 12:43 PM
  • What you want is the NameSpace.GetSelectNamesDialog() method. That would allow you to get To/Cc/Bcc addresses from a displayed address book dialog.

See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/bb208172(v=office.12).aspx for information and a code sample. It would be the same information for Outlook 2007/2010/2013

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Friday, September 13, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Hi Ken, thanks for the infos, but i don't think thats what i need (maybe im wrong).

I would like to fill 2 custom fields. In this fields, i want to have a button in the side, that, when i click on it, it opens the address book (similar when you click in the button 'TO/BCC/CC') and when i select one guy there, it fill my custom button with the name of this guy.

I wanna do that because i don't want to leave this 2 custom fields free for the user to manually input the name of the guys, that because this can generate some type errors.

Thank you,

Monday, September 16, 2013 7:54 PM
  • You need to use that function to get the selected recipient. You then need to put that information into your custom field.

The dialog can accept To/Cc/Bcc or any one or more of those types. You can configure it to accept To only, or To and Cc, etc. Your button handler code would call the dialog, examine the results and put the data into the custom field.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

Monday, September 16, 2013 8:11 PM