Newbie - transform pic size question RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Sorry about the stupid question. I want to transform a loaded jpg to a predefined size within Expression Design 2 and change the pixel numbers at the bottom to do so. When I do it auto alters the other dimension to keep the aspect but that isnt what I wanted to achieve with it. 

So the question is, how can I set the pixel height and width manually to what I want it to be without regard to the aspect and keep it that way when I export it to a JPG please?

Thanks for any help. 
    Sunday, October 19, 2008 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,
     In Expression Design you have a button at the very bottom of the work area that locks the link between the image height and width.
    Click on that link button and it will un-link, you can then change the height or width individually.
    If you then re-link with the same button your changes will remain but the protection will resume again for the image dimensions.
    • Marked as answer by Gregishere Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:15 PM
    Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,
     In Expression Design you have a button at the very bottom of the work area that locks the link between the image height and width.
    Click on that link button and it will un-link, you can then change the height or width individually.
    If you then re-link with the same button your changes will remain but the protection will resume again for the image dimensions.
    • Marked as answer by Gregishere Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:15 PM
    Sunday, October 19, 2008 1:23 PM
  • Thank you very much for that. I have the tutorials for ED2 (and the suite, in fact) but I have yet to do the ED2 one and I had to use it before I knew it at all well. Answer IS appreciated.

Greg.
    Sunday, October 19, 2008 8:16 PM