none
Need advise on SharePoint 2013 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have windows 7 32 bit machine. I want to install SharePoint 2013 trail version using virtualbox vmware. Is there any issue in installation?

Please suggest how do I proceed?

Avi

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 5:29 PM

Answers

• VirtualBox only supports 64 bit guest on a 32 bit OS if you have a 64 bit processor with virtualization technology enabled. If that's not the case you won't be able to do this on a 32 bit machine, since you'll need a 64 bit environment for both SQL Server and SharePoint 2013. You could try one of several hosted SharePoint providers or create the machines you need using Amazon Web Services.

If puzzles are good for your BRAIN then SharePoint will keep it really healthy!

Ramona Maxwell MCPD SharePoint 2010, MCITP SQL Server 2008

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:22 PM

All replies

• VirtualBox only supports 64 bit guest on a 32 bit OS if you have a 64 bit processor with virtualization technology enabled. If that's not the case you won't be able to do this on a 32 bit machine, since you'll need a 64 bit environment for both SQL Server and SharePoint 2013. You could try one of several hosted SharePoint providers or create the machines you need using Amazon Web Services.

If puzzles are good for your BRAIN then SharePoint will keep it really healthy!

Ramona Maxwell MCPD SharePoint 2010, MCITP SQL Server 2008

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 9:22 PM
  • other option you can use is Free way to build VM in the cloud.

MCTS,MCPD Sharepoint 2010. My Blog- http://www.sharepoint-journey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Vote as Helpful

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 12:26 AM