Need Help with an error when accessing a mobile page. RRS feed

• Question

• User317523852 posted

I have a mobile page included in a project developed using VS2003

When i request the mobile page, i get the following error.

No mobile controls device configuration was registered for the requesting device. User agent string is 'Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)'.

can some one help me out.....

Please...

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:23 AM

Answers

• User317523852 posted

uh...that is a bit impossible at the moment. But I found what went wrong....in the web.config file we added a few lines of code in the browse caps tag.

so what is happening is that the mobile browser is getting identified as some god damn browser and .NET doesn't know where to find the mobile controls for the detected browser. Hence the error i mentioned showed up.

The browsecaps stuff was added to prevent panel controls getting rendered as table in safari and some other browsers.

Can someone suggest a fix for the browsecaps stuff...is there anyother fix for the panels getting rendered as tables in safari.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:32 AM

All replies

• User1135281112 posted

Hi

Can you try on VS2005 to see what you are getting there?

Thanks 

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:28 AM
  • User317523852 posted

uh...that is a bit impossible at the moment. But I found what went wrong....in the web.config file we added a few lines of code in the browse caps tag.

so what is happening is that the mobile browser is getting identified as some god damn browser and .NET doesn't know where to find the mobile controls for the detected browser. Hence the error i mentioned showed up.

The browsecaps stuff was added to prevent panel controls getting rendered as table in safari and some other browsers.

Can someone suggest a fix for the browsecaps stuff...is there anyother fix for the panels getting rendered as tables in safari.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 7:32 AM