Connection error to https://microsoft_azure_compute/... RRS feed

• Question

• I had Azure Stack POC up and running last Friday. I come back on Monday and I see this new connection error as the following. The link is at the bottom of the screenshot. For context, I'm logged in as a tenant managing a created VM.

Is https://microsoft_azure_compute supposed to resolve to a public address?

What should I check for now to resolve it? I'm stuck now.

Monday, February 8, 2016 6:59 PM

Answers

• To close the loop on this thread, the ComputeController wasn't started on xRPVM, which can happen after a restart when the host shut downs unexpectedly. Starting the ComputeController service addressed the issue.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Moso.Lee, I have engaged the team internally to help narrow down the next point of troubleshooting this issue, and will aim to update you soon.
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:16 AM
  • Hi,

as a workaround click OK and try to access the VM blade again. This time it should display all the information without the connection error.

Best regards Daniel Neumann - This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 12:30 PM
  • I've dismissed that dialog many times, and the VM blade is still showing "shifting dot" then eventually "Error loading tile". Currently I cannot create new VM either, so it seems something is not working. Overall, this Azure Stack POC seems quite fragile.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:10 PM
  • Hi MosoLee, could you collect the CRP logs? These should be the .log files on the xRPVM under C:\CrpServices\Diagnostics. Please contact me so that I can set up a share for you to upload these log files to.

Also, was there anything notable about how the vm was created before the issue started occurring (eg was it deployed via portal or powershell)? This may help us better understand what reproduces the issue.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:23 PM
  • To close the loop on this thread, the ComputeController wasn't started on xRPVM, which can happen after a restart when the host shut downs unexpectedly. Starting the ComputeController service addressed the issue.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 7:54 PM