Connection manager Ui not showing DataUsage set in provisioning profile.

Question

• Hi All,

I have successfully provisioned the profile for plan by using below Api

provisioningAgent.ProvisionFromXmlDocumentAsync(profile);

Also I am able to update data usages info successfully by using below Api

provisionedProfile.UpdateUsage(profileUsage);

But the updated data usages is not reflected on Windows Connection manager UI. As It is showing some other values as data usages may be the actual values.

My need is to show the exact data usage on windows connection manager UI which I am setting with ProvisionedProfile.UpdateUsage.

Also I want to show the expire date on Connection manager UI, I am not sure whether it is possible or not.

Here my understanding is that the data usages value which we set in provisioning profile should be reflected on Connection UI. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Please Suggest the way how to Show the data usage info and expire date on Windows Connection Manager UI.

Thanks,

Vipin

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:58 AM

Answers

• The Connection Manager UI optionally displays local counters to the user, and are resettable by the user at any time.  These counters are not controlled by the operator app.  The app should show billed usage on the app tile.  Data set via the UpdateUsage API or the Plans section of the Provisioning XML is surfaced to apps, so they can tailor their behavior appropriately.
    Monday, August 6, 2012 6:09 PM

All replies

• MyMetro,

I am looking into this for you.

Best Wishes - Eric

Saturday, August 4, 2012 5:26 AM
  • The Connection Manager UI optionally displays local counters to the user, and are resettable by the user at any time.  These counters are not controlled by the operator app.  The app should show billed usage on the app tile.  Data set via the UpdateUsage API or the Plans section of the Provisioning XML is surfaced to apps, so they can tailor their behavior appropriately.
    Monday, August 6, 2012 6:09 PM