none
How to hide A-Z, Z-A, What's hot bar in Community site landing page Categories Tiles web part? RRS feed

• Question

• In communities site, I want to remove the bar which shows A-Z, Z-A, What's hot and so on. How can I do this by client side code? I tried to set No tool bar and chrome to be none but no luck. Thanks
    Thursday, January 17, 2019 1:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Below CSS hide A-Z, Z-A, What's hot in Categories.

<style>
    .ms-pivotControl-surfacedOpt{
    display:none !important;
    }
    .ms-pivotControl-surfacedOpt-selected
    {
    }
    </style>

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:05 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 1:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You could hide it by CSS, insert script editor webpart into the page and insert below CSS into it.

<style>
    .ms-pivotControl-container{
    }
    </style>

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by MC ROY Friday, January 18, 2019 12:08 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MC ROY Friday, January 18, 2019 12:19 PM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Hi Lee,

This code hides A-Z, Z-A, What's hot in Categories Tiles web part and also it hides Recent, What's hot, My discussions Bar of Discussions List. I want to only HIDE on the categories tiles web part? Please advise if we can try using JS or add more specific class to the CSS? Thanks in advance

Friday, January 18, 2019 12:24 PM
  • Hi,

Below CSS hide A-Z, Z-A, What's hot in Categories.

<style>
    .ms-pivotControl-surfacedOpt{
    }
    .ms-pivotControl-surfacedOpt-selected
    {
    }
    </style>

Best Regards,

Lee

• Proposed as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Tuesday, January 22, 2019 8:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by MC ROY Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:05 AM
    Monday, January 21, 2019 1:36 AM