none
VS2017 RC shows Unspecified Error message box for some solutions

Question

• I report this here since for some reason when I try the feedback dialog I can enter a title for the bug report but when I type some text into the body of the report it suddenly closes itself for no apparent reason.

Anyway I have quite some solutions which stop loading when I try to open them with VS2017 RC. It is happening somewhere deep inside msenv.dll for which I do not have any symbols, so I cannot tell what went wrong. When I look for written log files of VS I find only one AppInsights event which does not contain much information. Are these issues already known?

Yours,

Alois Kraus

Wednesday, November 30, 2016 1:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Alois Kraus,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I report this here since for some reason when I try the feedback dialog I can enter a title for the bug report but when I type some text into the body of the report it suddenly closes itself for no apparent reason.

What’s your VS 2017 RC edition? I checked the ‘report a problem’ on my side and it works fine, please rerun the VS 2017 RC installer as administrator and click the icon beside ‘Modify’, ‘Launch’, select ‘Repair’ to repair it.

>> Are these issues already known?

I tried to search the reported problems on this VS 2017 feedback website: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/spaces/8/index.html and return some threads, but since I am not sure about the detail information about your solutions, you can search this result by yourself to check if the existing issue is be reported or not. Once you found it, you can vote it by click the ‘Follow’ button at the right side of this matched issue. If not, we need to confirm this issue is a real issue to VS 2017 or not. Could you please provide the detail information/error message or the screenshot of those solutions?

Meanwhile, please have a try with the following to troubleshot this issue:

1. Run the VS as administrator: it helps us to excludes the permission
    2. Run the command: devenv /safemode in the elevated command prompt

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 1, 2016 8:17 AM