Change in Font color RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a serious problem. I'm developing a project in C sharp (VS 2010) on Windows 7 computer. When I run the application on windows xp, some part of the font colors of labels changes into white, I don't know why?

Any Ideas why it is hapenning?

thanks

Friday, February 25, 2011 2:49 PM

Answers

• Hi sriky,

>I found this funny effect on in some XP systems
    >And other funny thing is as I'm working in Germany it also have a dot and comma problem now.
    >P.S. It is found only in windows XP and I saw it in Chinese windows of my colleague who is using my software.

First, as you saw it in Chinese windows, so I think you should check whether the some XP systems suppport Germany Language Environment. You should install the Fermany Language if the some XP systems do not support.

Second, as it appears not all of the XP system, so I think you can collect the differences between the other XP systems which your application can work well. Also, check whether the font in Win7 system is supported in the XP system. If the some XP systems do not support the font, you should install the font.

Also, it may relate to the hardware in the some XP systems. Thanks.

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:06 AM

All replies

• Hi sriky,

>some part of the font colors of labels changes into white

It seems that not all of the lables' font color change to white, can you specify that which parts of the label's font color changes?

Also, can you provide your code? So I can reprocude your scenario. Thanks.

Vin Jin [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, February 28, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Hello Sriky,

Could you tell me the color value you assigned to those labels in question?

If you are using system color name as the values, the exact color that is represented by the system color name could change depends on the system theme setting.

Besides, is this happening on just one Windows XP machine or many/all? What's the behavior like in other OS SKU/versions?

Please let me know more information so we can try to narrow down towards the right direction.

Thanks.

Jie Wang [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:38 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

@ Wang : I'm using the default font and color in VS 2010. I found this funny effect on in some XP systems that too only some labels. It's black set as default.

@Vin: Actually it has nothing to do with the code as I didn't code anything related to the color or font.

And other funny thing is as I'm working in Germany it also have a dot and comma problem now.

P.S. It is found only in windows XP and I saw it in Chinese windows of my colleague who is using my software.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 10:18 AM
  • Hi sriky,

>I found this funny effect on in some XP systems
    >And other funny thing is as I'm working in Germany it also have a dot and comma problem now.
    >P.S. It is found only in windows XP and I saw it in Chinese windows of my colleague who is using my software.

First, as you saw it in Chinese windows, so I think you should check whether the some XP systems suppport Germany Language Environment. You should install the Fermany Language if the some XP systems do not support.

Second, as it appears not all of the XP system, so I think you can collect the differences between the other XP systems which your application can work well. Also, check whether the font in Win7 system is supported in the XP system. If the some XP systems do not support the font, you should install the font.

Also, it may relate to the hardware in the some XP systems. Thanks.

Vin Jin [MSFT]

• Marked as answer by Aspen VJ Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:31 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 5:06 AM