none
New windows install required even though other kinect drivers were removed. RRS feed

• General discussion

• If anyone has been using other kinect drivers prior to the MS beta installation, it may be advisable to reinstall windows. I installed over what was a clean OS, except for OpenNI drivers, which I removed, including hidden ones.  The MS samples ran very slowly (around 9 fps). Finally I resorted to a fresh windows install & its ok.

Hope this helps someone.

Tim

TM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:03 PM

All replies

•  

I'm not sure that will be the case for every situation.  I have a Windows 7 32-bit computer where I had the freenect drivers installed and running.  I was able to manually uninstall and remove them and then install the MS SDK with no problems. 

Having said that, I have another computer where I did the same thing - except I have the slight issue of having to reboot the computer whenever I disconnect a kinect before it will successfully initialize again.  Only difference between the computers (that I'm aware of) is 32-bit and 64-bit. 

What OS are you running on?

Susan
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:13 PM
  • I'm running 32 bit. As far as I can tell, its not been a problem for most people.

TM
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:49 PM