anyone using sqlSever management studio instead of sqlExpress? RRS feed

• Question

• User1755877086 posted
    hiya,
    I do not have sqlExpress. my clubsite.mdf is in the "App_Data" folder. 

<add name="ClubSiteDB" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=true;AttachDBFileName=|DataDirectory|clubsite.mdf;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>

Could someone who is using sqlSever management studio advise on how I should change the above connString so that I can use it with sqlSever management studio ?I have been trying to get the connString to work for a while now :-0

many thanks,
    yogi

Saturday, October 1, 2005 8:58 AM

All replies

• User-1653776603 posted
    If you mean, howcan you use SQL Server 2005, then try the following:

* Copy the mdf out of the app data directory to where you want to store the database
    * In sql management studio attach to that database
    * In VS, choose connect to database from the tools menu, pick your database you just attached to
    * Look at the property grid, one of the top properties should be the connection string, copy and paste it into web.config.

sam
    Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:18 PM
  • User1416329745 posted
    You can also try this thread to download the developer edition and install management studio, which is a separate install under management tools. Please remember to use the CTP compatibility tool in the first link.  Hope this helps.

http://forums.asp.net/1069636/ShowPost.aspx
    Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:27 PM
  • User1755877086 posted

hiya,
    cheers, got it working.I initially had some hasles attaching the .mdf to management studio.

All is now good.
    thanks,

yogi

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 5:30 PM