Leaf device messages not being routed correctly RRS feed

• Question

• I have followed the Deploy Azure functions as Iot Edge modules. My azure function hosted on my windows VM works with the module simulatedtempsensor module. I can choose to only send messages forward if they are over a certain temperature.

Although, when I doing this from my leaf device, the message does not go though the function even though i have all messages ("FROM /* WHERE NOT IS_DEFINED($connectionModuleId) INTO BrokeredEndpoint("/modules/CSharpFunction/inputs/input1")".

I can verify the IoThub is receiving the message by using the monitor in visual studio code but it is not being processed by my CSharpFunction.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you getting any error message? Please check Monitor the health of Azure IoT Hub and diagnose problems quickly and see if it helps to identify the issue.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:17 PM
  • Hi,

It seems i am getting an error in edgehub after looking at all the log I found this is the error when I am sending the message.

System.IO.IOException: The decryption operation failed, see inner exception. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: An unknown error occurred while processing the certificate
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Security.SslStreamInternal.ReadAsyncInternal[TReadAdapter](TReadAdapter adapter, Memory`1 buffer)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Adapter.Internal.AdaptedPipeline.ReadInputAsync(Stream stream)
       at System.IO.Pipelines.PipeCompletion.ThrowLatchedException()
       at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadResult(ReadResult& result)
       at System.IO.Pipelines.Pipe.GetReadAsyncResult()
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.ProcessRequests[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application)
       at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Server.Kestrel.Core.Internal.Http.HttpProtocol.ProcessRequestsAsync[TContext](IHttpApplication`1 application)

I have followed the tutorial about the transparent gateway but still receiving this error.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Thanks for the additional information.

Please have a look at this Git issue which addresses similar problem. Let us know if that helps.

Friday, August 30, 2019 8:13 AM