none
trusted location problem with word RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, When i am trying to open word template (.dotx which in a location on my hard) using asp.net local website , the word was opened but error message appeared and if i save the document and try open it customization working successfully Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ************** Exception Text ************** Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Runtime.CannotCreateCustomizationDomainException: Customization does not have the permissions required to create an application domain. ---> System.Security.SecurityException: Customized functionality in this program will not work because the location of NewDoc[2].Dotx is not in the Office Trusted Locations list, or all trusted locations are disabled. Contact your administrator for further assistance.
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:55 AM

Answers

• Hi Eslam,

The trusted locations for User Templates is in their Roaming directory (Vista & Win 7) or Documents & Setting directory (XP).  To view the trusted loaction go to Word Options > Trust Center > Trusted Locations and you will see the full path.

Your options are to use this location for your template or manually add another location. AFAIK you cannot programmatically add a new location. Tempates can also be stored in a shared Team location or in Word's Start-up folder if it is a Global template.

Hope this helps

Regards, Rich
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:38 AM