HTML string export to PDF in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've developed a website in Windows Azure environment using C#,ASP.NET,XML,JS etc.,

One of the business requirement of this website is to export "HTML string" to "PDF". I've tried by going through some articles on Internet, but could not achive solution.

Is there any way to achive this functionality of exporting HTML string to PDF in Azuree

Thanks in advance,

Utam

uttamsp
    • Edited by uttamsp Friday, November 26, 2010 7:16 AM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 5:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I've used iTextSharp or AsposePDF to create a PDF from scratch. I don't see why this wouldn't work in Windows Azure.

With regards,

Patriek
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:25 PM

All replies

• All the times I've done this (none yet in Azure), I've used someone's third party assembly to handle the conversion to PDF. I would assume that for the most part, this same approach should be successful in Windows Azure.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 7:36 PM
  • Hi,

I've used iTextSharp or AsposePDF to create a PDF from scratch. I don't see why this wouldn't work in Windows Azure.

With regards,

Patriek
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Tuesday, November 9, 2010 9:26 AM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:25 PM
  • There's a fairly new web-based app called DocRaptor that does html to pdf...it also does html to excel. I think there's a free plan that gives you a certain number of docs a month. It seems pretty easy to use - not sure if it fits your purposes. 

Good luck!

Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:14 PM
  • EVO HTML to PDF for .NET has complete samples for converting HTML to PDF in Windows Azure and ASP.NET.

Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:53 AM
  • You can also try C# Word component, it has a really simple API for converting HTML to a PDF file in C#.

Monday, October 7, 2013 8:58 AM