none
Microsoft Project 2016 not syncing resources to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading to Office 2016 (do not know if this have anyting to do With my problem), I notice that only some of the Resources (from ResourceNames) are synced to "Assigned to". When I then Save the Project again the Resources vanish from my Schedule.

If there was some specific Resources - I would understand it - but this happends With to the resoyrces for only some of the actvities and there is not anythng special With them.

If the Interface between MS-Project 2016 Professional and SharePoint is only working from time to time, then I have problems to trust it,

The MS-Project Client and SharePoint (Online365) by itself is working perfectly, the last weeks they do not work anymore. This has been tested on two re-installed PCes and the same error are found on both of them.

Can anyone point to in a direction where the issue may be solved?

Thursday, April 7, 2016 1:17 PM

All replies

• Can you describe in detail how you are assigning resources to a task?

1. First go to 'Build a team from enterprise' in MS Project and add your resource.
    2. Then select your task and assign the resource.
    3. Publish and check in the project

Jonas Hendrickx If I helped you, mark my answer as helpful.

Monday, April 11, 2016 6:17 AM
  • Thanks for Your answer Jonas!

I do not use the enterprise solution "Project server" but as a normal Client. The Resources is picked from the Resource list witch correspond to the AD. The strange thing is that the Resources is synced for other tasks, but not all tasks. If there where some spesial Resources I could not sync, it would be understandable, but this is not the case. It seems like there are som spesific tasks that is the problem. 

This worked perfectly until for 2-3 weeks ago (Office was upgraded With a New MS-Project).

Question:

- Are there diffrent ways you can assign resorces to tasks that are not obvious?

- Are there any way to downgrade MS-Project using O365 ? (maybe that helps)

Thanks in advance for any comments and assistance!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:36 AM
  • If you have a MSDN account you can download MS Project from there. Or if you sign in to your PWA, there may be a link saying 'Download Project Pro for O365'. This should forward you to this page, note that you need to log in with a user account that has the rights to use Project Pro.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. And you should still have the ability to download and install Project 2013.

Jonas Hendrickx If I helped you, mark my answer as helpful.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016 8:57 AM
  • MS-Project 2013 do not support SharePoint in this way. So the only option is actually to create a function that export all the activities with Resources to an Excel file and do a good old Copy & Paste from Excel to the tasklist every time the schedule is updated. The functionallity to be able to save the schedule to a task list was an excellent functionallity when it worked, just sad that they messed it up in the last update of MS-Projcet 20166. :-(
    Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:27 AM