Unable to register device to Notification Hub. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to learn and explore on Push Notifications in Notification Hub of Azure.

I followed this beautiful document as reference and created the client.  Get started with Notification Hubs for Android apps

when there is call for registration of device I successfully get by the registration ID -> APA91bG ............ m_A, It is very big string.

String regid = gcm.register(google_project_number_as_SENDER_ID);

I guess this means registration was successful, and i even can see in the Azure monitor that an attempt for Registration Operation happened.

However when I try to retrieve/ see the Registered Devices list it says No Registrations. How to proceed on to trouble shoot the cause.

1.Since there was an successful hit recorded it means my Connection string(Shared Access Token) for Notification Hub is proper, i have verified that the connection string used is having Listen rights.

2. gcm.register() returned back big string without error message.

Regards,

Harish

Monday, December 21, 2015 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Harish,

hub.register(regid).getRegistrationId());

performs the registration with your notification hub, and it does seem the operation went through. How are you retrieving/listing the registrations? We do place these operations on a queue that gets processed very fast, but if you are querying the registration immediately after it might not have showed up just yet. 

Mimi

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:28 PM