none
Deployment in VS2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Previous I was using VS2013 and when I deployed via Visual Studio it gave me the option to choose the deployment slot. Since upgrading to VS2015 I notice it no longer shows the slots. Could be a SDK version thing as well. 

What do we do here?

Monday, August 3, 2015 5:48 AM

Answers

• In the 2.7 SDK we introduced a few changes that resulted with issues loading the slots. We're working on a fix for the next drop of the Web Tools Extensions installer. This will not only repair the slot-publishing functionality but improve the overall experience as well.

In the meantime, you can go into the portal and download the publishing profile for the slot you wish to publish into. Then you can import that into VS and publish to your slot using that publishing target. 

We will have this fixed in the next release, which *should* be out within the next 1-2 months. Can't comment on exact release schedule but it is being tested now by our team. 

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Craig vn,

I suggest that you download the latest Azure SDK version and check if you are able to find the slots when trying to deploy the website.

You can also try to sign out of the Azure Subscription and sign back in to check if you still have this issue.

Thanks,
    Syed Irfan Hussain

Monday, August 3, 2015 9:43 AM
  • I am on the latest SDK and have tried signing in and out but the staging slots still don't appear. I did manage to download the profile from the Azure Portal to publish, but not sure why this functionality would be removed from the IDE.

• Edited by Craig vn Monday, August 3, 2015 1:43 PM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 1:40 PM
  • In the 2.7 SDK we introduced a few changes that resulted with issues loading the slots. We're working on a fix for the next drop of the Web Tools Extensions installer. This will not only repair the slot-publishing functionality but improve the overall experience as well.

In the meantime, you can go into the portal and download the publishing profile for the slot you wish to publish into. Then you can import that into VS and publish to your slot using that publishing target. 

We will have this fixed in the next release, which *should* be out within the next 1-2 months. Can't comment on exact release schedule but it is being tested now by our team. 

Monday, August 3, 2015 4:39 PM
  • Thanks. This is a pretty high priority issue though I would have unless you want people publishing straight to products which is not a good situation.
    Monday, August 3, 2015 10:21 PM