none
SpellCheck Class in Windows forms?

All replies

• Possible, yes.  Much depends on the spell check engine you want to use.  There are web service/API options available such as Azure Cognitive Services (check Language services).  Some of these are extremely powerful and are overkill for nothing more than spell check capability.

In Windows 8 and later you can use the Microsoft Spell Checking API, though I recommend getting an existing managed wrapper such as PlatformSpellCheck, which can be installed via NuGet.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:54 PM
  • Possible, yes.  Much depends on the spell check engine you want to use.  There are web service/API options available such as Azure Cognitive Services (check Language services).  Some of these are extremely powerful and are overkill for nothing more than spell check capability.

In Windows 8 and later you can use the Microsoft Spell Checking API, though I recommend getting an existing managed wrapper such as PlatformSpellCheck, which can be installed via NuGet.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

And the natural language, this forum is not only for English users, while even that can be a problem if you live in a country like Les. 

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:59 PM
  • Hello,

What I used when needing a spell checker is (from Code Project) .NET Spell library. Note it's in C# but easy to use.

From my VB.NET project, a TextBox, and two buttons.

In form load I load the dictionary

WordDictionary1.UserFile = Application.StartupPath & "\Dictionary\user.dic"

To spell check

Spelling1.Text = txtComment.Text
    Spelling1.SpellCheck()

Of course add the library from code project into the project e.g.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:12 PM