none
app with kinect, create an exe RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an application that works with kinect and wpf.
     Now i need to create an exe This exe will be copied to another computer with kinect sdk but no visual studio installed. I have seen that in the debug folder of my project i have already an .exe but if i click on it i can't launch the application... I'm new in windows development, how i can do to create an exe that launch my application by click on it? What project settings i have to use?
    Monday, May 12, 2014 1:09 PM

Answers

• Try with the "Publish" option under "BUILD" menu (I'm not sure of the names, I use spanish version of VS Express 2013).

Provide the publication path and select "from CD/DVD".

• Proposed as answer by jmmroldan Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wach1682 Friday, May 16, 2014 7:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Please note, you must be running a Kinect for Windows device if you are deploying to a system not running the SDK. You can deploy a runtime only component as part of the Redist folder in your SDK directory. Please review the Redist.txt * SDKEula.rtf file for further information.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:14 PM

All replies

• Try with the "Publish" option under "BUILD" menu (I'm not sure of the names, I use spanish version of VS Express 2013).

Provide the publication path and select "from CD/DVD".

• Proposed as answer by jmmroldan Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:35 AM
    • Marked as answer by Wach1682 Friday, May 16, 2014 7:17 AM
    Tuesday, May 13, 2014 12:51 PM
  • Please note, you must be running a Kinect for Windows device if you are deploying to a system not running the SDK. You can deploy a runtime only component as part of the Redist folder in your SDK directory. Please review the Redist.txt * SDKEula.rtf file for further information.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 7:14 PM