none
System Application Exception... What does this mean and how do I fix it??? Please help... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, and if not just let me know who to ask please.....

Could someone please help...

I'm having trouble hooking up my add, insert, delete and save buttons... I'm only on the save button so far. every time I hit save I keep getting this error...

System Application Exception: TableAdapterManager contains no connection
    information. Set each tableadaptermanager property to a valid tableAdapter instance.

at
    System Application Exception: TableAdapterManager contains no connection
    information. Set each tableadaptermanager property to a valid tableAdapter instance.

at
    MyBasicProject.MyBasicDataSetTableAdapters.TableAdapterManager.UpdateAll(
    MyBasicDataSet dataSet) ( it says the path is in the DataSet Designer)

at MyBasicProject.AddProject.btnSave_Click......( path is in xaml.vb)

What did I do wrong? Any and all help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks.

Adam

• Moved by Bob Wu-MTModerator Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:50 AM (From:Windows Forms Data Controls and Databinding)
    Monday, April 30, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Adam,
    It seems that you are developing a WPF application and this issue is related to ADO.NET. I think you should check the connectionString and commands of the TableAdpater.
    Please make sure you can use the connectionString to connect the data source and the commands is correct.

Best Regards,

Bob Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Hi ajk825,

Welcome to MSDN Forum.

Could you post some code here? This is, so I can help you more effectively.

Best Regards

Allen Li [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:09 AM
  • It seems that your TableAdapter misses its connection. 

Because of the fact that the tableadapter is build with the Data -> DataBase => DataSet wizard is the most easiest to do that again. 

The connectionstring is in the config and the connection itself in the XSD.  

Remove first before you do that the XSD file in Solution explorer after you have made a backup copy of your project.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 2, 2012 7:11 AM
  • well so far none of these have worked. my connection string was in fact set.... and the commands were also set. but they weren't working. so it's still not workin or saving or anything else.

Adam

Monday, May 7, 2012 9:46 AM
  • well so far none of these have worked. my connection string was in fact set.... and the commands were also set. but they weren't working. so it's still not workin or saving or anything else.

Adam

Adam,

Can you show (proof) us how you are so sure of that?

Success
    Cor

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:45 AM
  • Adam -- post either a screenshot (as Bob did) or some code, so we can see exactly what you have done so far.

~~Bonnie Berent DeWitt [C# MVP]

geek-goddess-bonnie.blogspot.com

Monday, May 14, 2012 12:53 AM
  • sorry... i scrapped the project and started over........ again. didn't know how to close this thread.

Adam

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:36 AM
  • Ah ... well, I hope the new project is going a lot smoother than the old one. Good luck!  =0)

Monday, May 14, 2012 3:13 PM
  • actually i got another snag if you could take a look...

my problem

thanks.

Adam

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:50 AM
  • Hi Adam,

I'm probably not going to be able to help you with that one. I've not done much WPF ... I hope someone on the WPF forum can help you soon though. Good luck!

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 4:24 AM