The cancel during the installation doesn't work as expected. RRS feed

• Question

• User-346577672 posted

Hii,

I have a problem.
    When I try to install the setup.exe of my web application and in middle of installation process if I want to cancel the installation process then it is not being cancelled and it continue the installation process.
    The main problem is that I am not getting the code for the cancel_button in my project.

No where it is written the the cancel_button code for installation process.

Please help me.

It is written in vs2005.

Friday, May 31, 2013 7:42 AM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I'm not sure the root of this issue, and it seems that you are not familar with the procedures of creating setup for a Web Application,

# Step by Step Guide to Create a Setup for a Web Application

perhaps it can give some tips for you,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:01 AM

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I'm not sure the root of this issue, and it seems that you are not familar with the procedures of creating setup for a Web Application,

With regards

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 7:01 AM
  • User-346577672 posted

Hi,

dharm4U

With regards

Yes I am not familair with installation process, Actually I encountered with a probleme while I install my application ,after two steps when I want to cancel it but still it continues the installation proces...
    And I dont see the code anywhere where I do some changes..
    Only the mergemodule is there and below that one content file,Primary output file and localized resources are there ..
    Please help me.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:52 AM
  • User-346577672 posted

yes I am not aware of installation process of web application.
    Actually I have encountered with a probleme ,when I install my web application and after 2 step when I cancel the process it still continue the installation process.
    I dont see the code any where for the installation.
    In my project It has one merge module and below that one content file,primary output file and localized resource is there.
    So please help where I need to do modification so that It cancel the installation process when I click the cancel button after two steps.

Thursday, June 6, 2013 8:59 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

It will convert your web application into exe file automatically when you follow the procedures to create a setup for a web application, and I’m not sure the root of this issue, so I would like to suggest you to re-do this setup for your web application,

With regards

Friday, June 7, 2013 1:56 AM