Does TFS store both GIT source code and workitem attachments in SQL Server? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using TFS 2017 on premises update 1 with GIT as repository.

I'd like to know where TFS phisically stores GIT source code. Does TFS store GIT source code in sql server database collection? If no, assuming c:\ as windows main partition where SQL Server instance is installed. Does TFS store GIT source code in c:\ ?

Furthermore, I'd like to know where TFS phisically stores workitem attachments? Does TFS store workitem attachments in sql server database collection or in another phisical space/partition?

I need to know this aspect in order to properly manage the right dimension (GBs) to assign to partitions of windows operation system. Is there a way by console administration in order to see where TFS stores GIT source code?

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 12:47 PM

All replies

• hi Gabriele

you're correct TFS does store all the information in two  SQL Server database - the shared configuration database and the collection databases.

Build artefacts can be stored either in the collection database or on a network share.

some of the information are further stored in a datawarehouse database and for reporting it does use reporting services infrastructure.

Please use "Mark as Answer" if my post solved your problem and use "Vote As Helpful" if a post was useful.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 6:43 PM