none
Access Form Width RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have just been automatically updated to Access 2016. I have created a form that I want to use as a password control box that is small and appears in the centre of the screen when the user clicks on a certain button.

The issue is the width of the form is automatically set to 31.032cm. This is no longer changeable in design view on the form. If I try to change it it reverts straight back to the default.

Does anyone know how to change this? It looks awful for a password box if is so large across the screen.

Many thanks,

Luke

Friday, August 5, 2016 9:13 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Ken - there is no chance to save because after you click away from the entry it reverts back immediately.

George - I'm not sure how to show an example because it would need to be a video. It's the width option in Form Properties in Access 2016.

HibariRokudo - It is set to Pop-Up and it makes no difference. Microsoft appear to have taken away the option to resize the form in design view also. If you drag it to make it smaller it just jumps back to the original size. I have had to use VBA to size it on load which I was hoping to avoid. 

My solution:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Me.Move Me.WindowLeft, Me.WindowTop, 7937, 4536

End Sub

Many thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Luke

Monday, August 8, 2016 8:06 AM

All replies

• Are you saving the form definition immediately after changing the value of its Width property?

Ken Sheridan, Stafford, England

Friday, August 5, 2016 11:17 AM
  • Maybe you can save an example somewhere for us to try?

Best regards, George

Friday, August 5, 2016 11:29 AM
  • Hi,

>>The issue is the width of the form is automatically set to 31.032cm. This is no longer changeable in design view on the form. If I try to change it it reverts straight back to the default.

Do you set the Pop Up property of the form into YES?

Is there any code in VBA setting the width of Form?

Generally, the Pop Up property of the form is NO by default. If we want to set the form width, we need to set it to YES, or the form is always full of the view. 

Monday, August 8, 2016 5:45 AM
  • Hello,

Ken - there is no chance to save because after you click away from the entry it reverts back immediately.

George - I'm not sure how to show an example because it would need to be a video. It's the width option in Form Properties in Access 2016.

HibariRokudo - It is set to Pop-Up and it makes no difference. Microsoft appear to have taken away the option to resize the form in design view also. If you drag it to make it smaller it just jumps back to the original size. I have had to use VBA to size it on load which I was hoping to avoid. 

My solution:

Private Sub Form_Load()

Me.Move Me.WindowLeft, Me.WindowTop, 7937, 4536

End Sub

Many thanks for your suggestions anyway.

Luke

Monday, August 8, 2016 8:06 AM