none
Oracle Client 11g and MS Access RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon.  I am having a heck of a time getting Oracle Client 11.2 to work in our migration from XP to 7.  The first issue is I am not seeing the Oracle ODBC driver availible after installing the client. 

A second issue is the Access DB drivers are not installed when I try to modify the top choice in User DSN 

It states "the setup routines for the Microsoft Access dBASE Driver (*.dbf, *ndx, *mdx) ODBC driver could not be found.  Please re-install the driver.

After hitting OK I get The specific DNS contains an architecture mismatch between the driver and appliction.

I even tried downloading the install direct from ORACLE.  same issue but the SQL driver i there, but not the ODBC driver.  When user tries mapping to network DB he gets the error of 

MICROSOFT OFFICE ACCESS ( ODBC -- Connection to '(server)' failed.

Could this issue be the culprit? (Sorry it wont let me upload the jpeg.  )

I ran an istall check and it stopped at the environment problem.  States that the path exceeds the allowed length.  

Expected value is 1023, but actual value is 1833.  would this be the issue?

Thank you for taking the time to read and hopefully respond.

A. Savarese

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:09 PM

Answers

• Hi A.Savarese,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is for developers discussing developing issue involve Access.

>>The first issue is I am not seeing the Oracle ODBC driver availible after installing the client. <<

For the issue about Oracle, I suggest that you get support from Oracle since you will get more effective response.

>>A second issue is the Access DB drivers are not installed when I try to modify the top choice in User DSN 

It states "the setup routines for the Microsoft Access dBASE Driver (*.dbf, *ndx, *mdx) ODBC driver could not be found.  Please re-install the driver.<<

I would suggest that you try to download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable to see whether the issue was fixed. And if you still have the issue, I would suggest to reopen a new thread to TechNet-Office based on the Access version you are using.

>>I even tried downloading the install direct from ORACLE.  same issue but the SQL driver i there, but not the ODBC driver.  When user tries mapping to network DB he gets the error of 

MICROSOFT OFFICE ACCESS ( ODBC -- Connection to '(server)' failed.

Could this issue be the culprit? (Sorry it wont let me upload the jpeg.  )

I ran an istall check and it stopped at the environment problem.  States that the path exceeds the allowed length.  

Expected value is 1023, but actual value is 1833.  would this be the issue?<<

To narrow down whether this issue is relative to the length of path, I would suggest that you create a new folder which length is short than 1023 and copy the database to this folder for testing.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 2:16 AM