Secure Display File content for user who copy and paste url in other browser without loging into webapplication RRS feed

• Question

• User-16010594 posted

Dear All,

I have a gridview control in which i bind link button,on click of which i open .pdf file to view its content.

this is ok if person view file with properly loging into the application in one browser.

But  if he copies that pdf url and pastes in another browser,it should not show file content,which is point where i m  stuck.

In mycase the pdf content can be easly viewed after copying and pasting its url.

its a asp.net web application.

please reply asap.

Thanx all in advance

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 5:46 AM

Answers

• User-1151753377 posted

Hi Discussion26,

Welcome to the ASP.NET forum.

According to your description, I notice that you have a link button which inside the Gridview control, when user click the link button, it will display the PDF file in Gridview.

But if someone copy the PDF url and also view it on Browser.

If so, I want to know that if you display your PDF file by url, I think you’d better display it only PDF name not all the url path. And you could save your PDF file url path in string type in database.

Best Regards,

Summer

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:20 AM

All replies

• User-1151753377 posted

Hi Discussion26,

Welcome to the ASP.NET forum.

According to your description, I notice that you have a link button which inside the Gridview control, when user click the link button, it will display the PDF file in Gridview.

But if someone copy the PDF url and also view it on Browser.

If so, I want to know that if you display your PDF file by url, I think you’d better display it only PDF name not all the url path. And you could save your PDF file url path in string type in database.

Best Regards,

Summer

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:20 AM
  • User-16010594 posted

Hello Summer!

Thanx for your reply.

I will try to do that.

Laughing

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:12 AM