Is it possible to consume ADO.Net Data Services in Adobe Flex? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to consume ADO.Net Data Services in Adobe Flex? I tried to added the OData service as HTTP service in Flash Builder 4. But I failed to configure the return type. Are there anyone knows the trick or simply cannot use OData in Flex? Thanks!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:19 AM

All replies

• You can consume Data Svcs. within any environment supporting HTTP Request/Response.  There is probably a library in your Adobe environment that will help you create HTTP requests and parse/read the response.
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 5:33 PM
  • The XML output from the SVC seems not clean XML to Flex applications. Is there a way to format the output within the services? Anyway, I am still waiting to see if anyone has done it successfully. Thanks.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 5:06 PM
  • Yes It can't be done but you have to apply the namespaces in flex so e4x can read it.
    Friday, March 25, 2011 5:10 PM
  • Sorry CAN be done...
    Friday, March 25, 2011 5:11 PM
  • You can consume a Data Service from any platform with an HTTP stack and XML or JSON parser.  WCF Data Services creates OData-based services which is a simple protocol ontop of HTTP.  We try hard to keep the concept count in OData very low so working with it using simple HTTP libs is doable.   You meantioned you are hitting an XML parsing issue?  Can you send specifics as the XMl produced by WCF Data Services should be valid XML documents.

Mike Flasko WCF Data Services/OData Team, Senior Program Manager Lead
    Sunday, April 24, 2011 10:19 PM