Windows Store app submission problem and AdaptiveStreaming Supported Api Test Issue

Question

• Hello everybody,

we are having a very awkward issue when trying to publish our new Windows 8 app on the Windows 8 store.

Basically when we locally launch the Windows Certification Kit (v3.4), the app bundle passes all tests except the Supported API test, which fails with this error (just an extract):

• Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
      • API ??0_Locinfo@std@@QEAA@PEBD@Z in msvcp120_app.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll calls this API.
      • API ??0_Lockit@std@@QEAA@H@Z in msvcp120_app.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll calls this API.
      • API ??0facet@locale@std@@IEAA@_K@Z in msvcp120_app.dll is not supported for this application type.

… [more entries]

• API towlower in msvcr120_app.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll calls this API.
    • API towupper in msvcr120_app.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll calls this API.
    • API wcsncmp in msvcr120_app.dll is not supported for this application type. Microsoft.Media.AdaptiveStreaming.dll calls this API.

I sent the app-package to the italian Microsoft support team which told us that the app-package passes all the tests flawlessy.
    So
     I decided to setup a Windows 8.1 VM, with latest Visual Studio (update 4) and latest SDKs.
    Finally had the app passing all the test on the local WFC.

After this I’ve finally submitted the app the the Windows Store, but got this error :

Windows 8.1

Security tests: incomplete

This test scans your app for malware and unwanted behaviors. Learn more

Technical compliance: failed

This tests your app with the Windows App Certification Kit. You can also run this the test locally from the SDK. Learn more

One or more of the Windows App Certification Kit tests failed. Test your app with the Windows App Certification Kit on your computer to get more detailed info about this error.

Not a single detail more which could lead us to a solution.

But now comes the really weird part: The App doesn’t pass the Windows Certification Kit Validation anymore even on the virtual machine. No way I can make it pass the Supported API test.

Of course I made web searches about this issue and found herehttp://forums.iis.net/t/1187882.aspx somebody who wrote  (on November 15 2012) about the same problem:

“Anyway some guy from Microsoft suggested that was problem with previous beta version and now is fixed. Thanks for suggestions.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Luigi

Friday, December 19, 2014 11:20 AM

Answers

All replies