none
dynamic image in report RRS feed

• Question

• Okay I am getting really frustrated.  I have found a couple of threads about using a dynamically generated barcodes to display in a local report, I have written questions to the threads but have not gotten any response. 

I have a GDI+ application I was able to download that generates the barcodes, output as an image stream.  At present the mime type is set to "image/jpeg". 

In preview mode if I hardcode the address in the image value it displays, but when the report is run all it get is the infamous red "X". 

What am I doing wrong????

HELP Please. 

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 5:14 PM

All replies

• Not sure if this will help you or not, but for what it is worth...

The way I ended up handling a dynamic image is that I streamed the image into a new column of the DataTable that the report was being bound to.  Then I just set the value of the image to that column and it worked.

Maybe this article would help too:

How to create local reports RDLC featuring barcode images in ASP.NET

http://www.neodynamic.com/ND/FaqsTipsTricks.aspx?tabid=66&prodid=1&sid=66
    Wednesday, May 7, 2008 8:50 PM
  • Those tips and tricks would be really useful if I had the software they are using.  I have a GDI+ Class that generates the barcodes and the tip about inserting the image into the report is a great idea,  All I need to do now is figure out how to get the class to return the bitmap in format I can use.

Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:48 AM