none
Excel refuses to show VSTO add in RRS feed

• Question

• I made a custom ribbon VSTO for excel and had it running perfectly. But because I needed to keep making changes to it I needed it to update automatically. I published it on a network drive and set it to look at updates when it starts. When I first started there was an error that said that the add in could not be loaded because there was another version of it loaded already.

I noticed it was loading from the debug folder and not the publish folder on the network drive. I deleted the previously installed version and cleaned up the debug folder so there was nothing in there. I reinstalled the VSTO from the network drive and started up excel again. I saw that the custom tab was not showing and when I looked at my COM add ins my custom ribbon VSTO was checked and active.

It was not in the disabled list or the inactive list. I tried loading the same VSTO on a separate computer and the same thing happened. So then I recreated the entire VSTO add in from scratch deleted all the previous work and tried to debug the new VSTO and the same problem occurred. There are no error messages telling me what is going wrong.

Monday, March 30, 2020 9:05 PM