Activation context generation failed for "C:\php\php-cgi.exe". Dependent Assembly RRS feed

• Question

• User-2048140253 posted

Greeting,

I have Windows Server 2008 Server Core. I want to configure this server to host php websites using IIS 7.

I installed and configured IIS7 to run php using the steps in this website:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/philpenn/archive/2009/07/19/deploying-iis-7-5-fastcgi-php-on-server-core.aspx

Now I’m facing a problem that when I request my php website I would get  this error.

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I check the even log and I found these details too:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\php\php-cgi.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I search about this error and I found a solution for it but which is to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86). I installed but still I’m getting same error.

Please help me to solve this problem and let me know if you want to know more info about my issue.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:34 PM

Answers