DotNet 3.5 Sp1 Installation issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am trying to install 3.5Sp1 from the web download Bootrapper and also from full package. But even the full package is failing wihtout internet connection. Can you please let me know if internet connection is required in both the cases. ? If so, then there will be issues if we have installations without internet connection. Is there a way to suppress this download as i have already installed the componenets individually.

Rgds,Tabs

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:29 AM

Answers

• Hello,

If you install .net framework 3.5 sp1 from full package, internet connection is not necessary.

Are there any error or warning messages?

What is your OS? If it is Vista or later, follow the two setps shown below and try reinstalling to see if the issue is fixed.

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If the installation still fails, I think we need to collect the logs for further troubleshooting. After collecting logs, you may upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:10 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:05 AM

All replies

• Hi
    Some clarification needed

1.Whats the error message that u r getting ?
    Please post the Error Message,Error Code etc...

2.Whats the OS ?

3.You mentioned about  " as i have already installed the components individually"
    I need to know which ones ?

U can refer this link for .net framework 3.5 sp1
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa569263.aspx
    It has bootstrapper and full package
    Make sure u are logged in as administrator otherwise .net framework or sp1 doesn't install properly ....

Also plz check whether u have .Net Framework 3.5 installed properly

There is difference between .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and .Net Framework 3.5
    SP1 is service pack 1
    . A service pack (in short SP) is a collection of updates, fixes and/or enhancements to a software program delivered in the form of a single installable package

.Net Framework 3.5  is .Net Framework version 3.5 :-
    The Microsoft .NET Framework is a software framework that can be installed on computers running Microsoft Windows operating systems. It includes a large library of coded solutions to common programming problems and a virtual machine that manages the execution of programs written specifically for the framework. The .NET Framework is a Microsoft offering and is intended to be used by most new applications created for the Windows platform.

Use Verification Tool ( http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8999004.aspx ) to verify .Net Framework and let me know the status of what u exactly have on your machine ?

Thanks
    anliS

Best Regards,
    anliS
    BIC
    Please remember to mark the correct replies as answers
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:11 PM
  • Hello,

If you install .net framework 3.5 sp1 from full package, internet connection is not necessary.

Are there any error or warning messages?

What is your OS? If it is Vista or later, follow the two setps shown below and try reinstalling to see if the issue is fixed.

1. Verify that if you have turned on the feature of .NET Framework.
        (Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on or off - Verify that the box next to Microsoft .NET Framework has been checked)

2. Use Verification Tool to verify .Net Framework has been installed well on your OS. If .Net Framework cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in this blog to repair the .NET Framework.

If the installation still fails, I think we need to collect the logs for further troubleshooting. After collecting logs, you may upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 3.5 sp1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    • Marked as answer by Edwer Fang Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:10 AM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:05 AM