Percentage of Total RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 similar data models. I need a measure to show the percentage of each customer's sales to the total sales. In one model I have this measure:Percentage:=SUM(DailySales[Total Net $])/CALCULATE(SUM(DailySales[Total Net $]),ALL(DailySales[Customer Name])). In the other I have this measure:Percentage:=SUM(InvoiceReports3[Extd$])/CALCULATE(SUM(InvoiceReports3[Extd$]),ALL(InvoiceReports3[Customer #])).

As far as I can see they are identical except for the table and column names(which are all correct). The first works perfectly in my pivot and the second returns 100% for all rows.

Any clues as to why this would happen.

Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:52 PM

Answers

• I took your suggestion regarding customer numbers and that gave me the correct numbers. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by neilm4247 Friday, September 8, 2017 3:22 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please share the link from where I can download the workbook.  You may also want to ensure that the Customer numbers that you have dragged from the Pivot Table should be from the InvoiceReports3 table (not from another Table).

Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com

Friday, September 8, 2017 12:12 AM
  • I took your suggestion regarding customer numbers and that gave me the correct numbers. Thanks for your help.
    • Marked as answer by neilm4247 Friday, September 8, 2017 3:22 PM
    Friday, September 8, 2017 3:22 PM