Exception Handling error in web.config RRS feed

• Question

• User-294030300 posted

Hello,

I have the Exception handler defined in my code, and I have this configuration:

<add name="UI Policy">

<exceptionTypes>

<add type="System.Exception, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" postHandlingAction="None" name="Exception">

<exceptionHandlers>

<add logCategory="UI" eventId="100" severity="Error" title="UI Policy Logging" formatterType="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.TextExceptionFormatter, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" priority="0" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.LoggingExceptionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" name="UI Policy Logging"/>

</exceptionHandlers>

</add>

</exceptionTypes>

</add>

But I am getting an error with the <add logCategory="UI" ..> statement.  The EL Config Tool says it is fine, but after running it, I get the following error:

The type Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.LoggingExceptionHandler, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from configuration could not be created.

Why?

Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:54 PM

All replies

• User-871919370 posted

Hi,

Did you solve your issue?  or did u give up on it :)

I'm having a similar problem

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 3:41 PM
  • User-294030300 posted

Hey,

Gave up so far... I don't have the time...  I could easily create my own custom component to do this...  All you need is a class with a static method to write, and do a database write like any other DAC object.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006 7:44 PM
  • User1954573110 posted

Hi there,

I had the same problem.

It has to do with the instantiation of the class, so it must be a problem of a DLL, I figured.

So in a brute force atempt, i added references to all the DLLs in the instalation dir\bin of the Ent Lib (in my case it is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Enterprise Library January 2006\bin) to the project, and now it runs smoothly.

I will try to figure the exact class(es) and when I do, I'll add a new message here.

Hope it helps!

Rui

Monday, October 2, 2006 10:42 AM
  • User183989170 posted

Any luck on this? I'm having the same issue.

Rick

Thursday, October 5, 2006 7:45 PM
  • User1902895170 posted

I found that the solution to the problem was that you need 2 references.  The documentation for the PuzzlerUI lab only mentions that you need a reference to the exception handling DLL.  You must also add a reference to the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging as well to avoid the unhandled exception.

Monday, October 9, 2006 12:42 PM
  • User-349411536 posted

I had the same problem and I resolved it by first referencing the Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging; and then using the  namespace in the necessary page.

For any clarification get back to me...

Regards,

Jai

Monday, December 4, 2006 6:47 AM
  • User1747297104 posted

Same problem here, I tried all of the above things, but they dind't worked for me.

What did worked is very strange, I create a LoggingExceptionHandler, but don't use it.

I'm guessing that it forces the loading of the DLL and therefore it works. If I comment out the line: LoggingExceptionHandler han=null; it gives me the error that was mentioned in the first post.

using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging;
    using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging;
    using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling;

namespace VLM.ImportFarmers.Common.ExceptionHandling
    {
        public class ExceptionManager
        {
            public static void HandleExceptionNoLogging(Exception Ex)
            {
                LoggingExceptionHandler han=null;
                ExceptionPolicy.HandleException(Ex, "Global Policy");
            }

It's not a clean way, but creating an empty  LoggingExceptionHandler hasn't got a huge impact and it works...

Monday, January 8, 2007 9:44 AM
  • User1217114082 posted

Thanks ..I too faced the same probs It works[:)]

Wednesday, June 27, 2007 5:52 PM
  • User189198308 posted

Hi Guys,

I had the same problem. I added to my references

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging;

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common;

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling,Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Design,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.Configuration.Design and

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging

and it worked like a charm.

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:07 PM
  • User-681585035 posted

me too got the same problem

by including

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Configuration.Design,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.Configuration.Design,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling,

and Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll

I was solved

Friday, November 30, 2007 6:31 AM
  • User-586899911 posted

Well I did have the same problem. The following dll need to be referenced which resolves this problem.

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling
    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging

Monday, April 14, 2008 9:58 AM