Lighswitch application accessed over VPN RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Lightswitch application that works well for all LAN clients and even all clients connecting to the LAN via VPN... except for one. This one client suffers with such poor performance that to him (and only him) the system is unusable.

This particular VPN user has no trouble executing the application and logging in. He
    can even perform many of the rudimentary tasks in the system... lists and displays of records etc... but when he tries to perform anything that requires a bit more complexity like entering sales orders and the like, his system times out and hangs, often with no message being displayed. His only recourse is to exit the program and start again. This only happens to this one user but when he comes to the office and connects the very same Laptop directly to the LAN his system performs flawlessly.

I am assuming that this client has a network issue on his side... possibly his ISP is not quite up to the task due to limited bandwidth issues... and it might help if I could increase the timeout in Lightswitch. I assume that Lightswitch and the SQL server (database) are subject to default timeouts and perhaps the client is exceeding these times outs or is right on the hairy edge which is why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Is there any way to increase the time that Lightswitch and/or the SQL server will wait for responses from the client?

Thank you

Ed

• Edited by Jyuma1 Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:04 AM
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 10:00 AM

All replies

• I think you need to make it clear whether this application is using the HTML Client or the Silverlight client. If it is the Silverlight client, is it two tier or three tier, is it running in the Browser or Out of Browser.

Simon Jones
    If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it actually answered your question, please remember to "Mark as Answer". This will help other people find answers to their problems more quickly.

Sunday, September 28, 2014 5:21 PM
  • Silverlight client... 3 tier... in browser.
    Sunday, September 28, 2014 9:33 PM