VSPCCC Files are checkout automatically RRS feed

• Question

• I have not modified anything, but when I open the solution from sourcecontrol in vs2013, automatically the VSPCC files are getting checkout out and when I'm chaning only some files in my solution, it is showing all the files on pending changes window. I need to exclude the files and include only those files I have checked out. Any solution to stop this checkout of vspcc.

Dins

Friday, April 18, 2014 6:50 AM

Answers

• It gets checked out because under certain conditions it will be modified..and thus they checked it out as a matter of default. I wouldn't worry about it... it's not hurting anything, and if you disable it, it might bite you badly in the future in a bizarre way.

Team Foundation uses these to store lists of files that have been excluded from source control. We leveraged some of the existing SCC integration layer in Visual Studio to integrate Team Foundation, and these files were one of the carryovers

Davide 'n3wt0n' Benvegnù

If you found my answer helpful, please vote it.
    If you think that my answer resolve your issue, plase "Mark it as answer".

Friday, April 18, 2014 7:25 AM

All replies

• It gets checked out because under certain conditions it will be modified..and thus they checked it out as a matter of default. I wouldn't worry about it... it's not hurting anything, and if you disable it, it might bite you badly in the future in a bizarre way.

Team Foundation uses these to store lists of files that have been excluded from source control. We leveraged some of the existing SCC integration layer in Visual Studio to integrate Team Foundation, and these files were one of the carryovers

Davide 'n3wt0n' Benvegnù

If you found my answer helpful, please vote it.
    If you think that my answer resolve your issue, plase "Mark it as answer".

Friday, April 18, 2014 7:25 AM
  • Hi Dins, 

Thanks for your post.

For this issue, I agree with Davide, that won’t hurt anything and please don’t disable it manually.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 21, 2014 2:35 AM