Getting exception error every few minutes in visual studio forcing me to shut down and re open the visual studio, Any work around to fix ? RRS feed

• Question

• 'm using visual studio 2019 community version 16.8.1 after did a clean format and install my windows 10. Then it all started it was not before. Maybe it's something with my networking ? but I didn't find any solution/s.

The message in the visual studio is show in the top of the visual studio in yellow. Then the intellisense is not working and I need to shut down the visual studio and re open it but it's happening too much times.

The exception is :

System.OperationCanceledException : The operation was canceled.
       at System.Threading.CancellationToken.ThrowOperationCanceledException()
       at System.IO.Pipes.NamedPipeServerStream.EndWaitForConnection(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar,Func`2 endFunction,Action`1 endAction,Task`1 promise,Boolean requiresSynchronization)
       at async Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Remote.RemoteEndPoint.InvokeAsync[T](<Unknown Parameters>)

Monday, November 23, 2020 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Try running Visual Studio from the developer command prompt with /SafeMode.

If that produces the same results use the feedback/problem link in the upper right corner of the IDE to report the issue.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

My GitHub code samples
    GitHub page

Check out:  the new Microsoft Q&A forums

Monday, November 23, 2020 8:31 PM