Multiple messages from 1 input message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

I should do a simple mapping from one schema to another. The tricky part is, that the amount of records in the output message is limited to 3000 records.
    So, if a file with 4000 records arrives, two files/messages should be created at the end. One with 3000 records and a second one with 1000 records.

Does anybody has a clue, how this needs to be solved?

Many thanks in advance.

Friday, March 5, 2010 3:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a sample "Aggregator" in {BizTalkInstallation Folder}\SDK\Samples\Pipelines.  I feel this is almost identical to your requirement and will help you in your problem.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed
    Please mark it as answer if it helps
    • Marked as answer by wedge76 Monday, March 8, 2010 2:14 PM
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:06 PM

All replies

• You could possibly de-batch your input message in a receive pipeline.

Depending on what other logic is around your input message.

If the output message was simple enough, I would probably map everything and then pass it through a .NET class to split the contents up into multiple parts.
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Hi,

One way of doing this to debatch the message at receive time along with with a batch id.  Then in the orchestration use sequential convoy to aggregate messages and have the condition there for 3000 records limit.  Please see the link http://seroter.wordpress.com/2008/05/29/biztalk-message-aggregation-for-email-pattern/ that may help you.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed
    Friday, March 5, 2010 3:58 PM
  • Hi,

There is a sample "Aggregator" in {BizTalkInstallation Folder}\SDK\Samples\Pipelines.  I feel this is almost identical to your requirement and will help you in your problem.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed
    • Marked as answer by wedge76 Monday, March 8, 2010 2:14 PM
    Friday, March 5, 2010 9:06 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your responses. It was exactly what I've searched for. Together with the mentioned Aggregator sample and a debatching receive pipeline I could solve it.
    For the debatching component I took this http://www.codeproject.com/KB/biztalk/DebatchingFlatfile.aspx as a template and adapted it to my requirements as an XmlDasm.

Kind regards

Monday, March 8, 2010 2:14 PM