Debug/Release Configurations

Question

• I have not been able to find an answer to this anywhere...

I'm building a Windows Store App using Visual Studio 2012 and for some reason, I cannot set different values for Debug vs Release in the Project Settings in the IDE.  Regardless of what I change on some common setting I change: include paths or input libs - the settings get mirrored in the other configurations. I can't tell if this is a bug, a setting somewhere that's been toggled on by default, a corrupted configuration, or if it's the new intended behavior to try to force the use of $(Configuration) as a best practice. 

I would appreciate any help on this - it is driving me absolutely insane. 

Thanks.

Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:09 PM

Answers

• Hi chaoticbob,

To clarify something with you I need some basic information.

The first thing you can test is to create a Desktop application to see if Debug and Release mode can be modified separately. Then I'd like to know if your windows login account is the one that you installed the VS.

And personally I suggest you can reinstall VS, I've never met such issue and I guess this might because your computer environment has been modified somewhere.

Good luck and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:47 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have moved this thread to Tools for Windows Store apps forum for better response.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 19, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi chaoticbob,

To clarify something with you I need some basic information.

The first thing you can test is to create a Desktop application to see if Debug and Release mode can be modified separately. Then I'd like to know if your windows login account is the one that you installed the VS.

And personally I suggest you can reinstall VS, I've never met such issue and I guess this might because your computer environment has been modified somewhere.

Good luck and best regards,

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:47 AM