using case and between on a left join. RRS feed

• Question

• User-2146352328 posted

Hi.
    I have this:

LEFT JOIN something COI
    		ON	VS.lvouchertypeid = COI.lvouchertypeid

---
    	AND (RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1

AND (RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1
    		OR RIGHT(TransT_strVoucherBarcode,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1)
    		AND COI.lQtySupplied>0

I want to change it into this:

LEFT JOIN something COI
    	AND

CASE LEN(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp) 
    			WHEN 20 THEN RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1  --20 digits
    			ELSE LEFT(VStock_strBookletIdent,4) + '000000' + RIGHT(VStock_strBookletIdent,7) END

But I get an error on the between statement.
    Am I doing something wrong or is there another approach?
    Thanks.

In simple words i want a condition to check if TransT_strBarcodeRedemp = 20 digits.
    If yes, then use "AND (RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1"
    If not then use "AND (RIGHT(VStock_strBookletIdent,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1"

I've tried this:

AND (RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7) between case len(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp)
      when 20 then COI.lStartVoucherNumber  END
      and case len(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp) when 20 then COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1 
      END
    ELSE ?????

ELSE does not allow me to change the "VStock_strBookletIdent" between. I have no idea how to do it.
    Thanks.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:34 AM

All replies

• User-1404113929 posted

hi,

can you post full query . i cant understand your query.

thanks,

murali

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:59 AM
  • User-2146352328 posted

Hi.

The join's are here:

LEFT JOIN tblClientOrderItem COI ON	VS.lvouchertypeid = COI.lvouchertypeid
    -------

AND (RIGHT(isnull(VStock_strBookletIdent,TransT_strBarcodeRedemp),7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1
    		                                    OR RIGHT(isnull(VStock_strBookletIdent,TransT_strVoucherBarcode),7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1)
    		                                    AND COI.lQtySupplied>0

LEFT JOIN tblClientOrder CO	ON CO.lid = COI.lclientorderid
    LEFT JOIN tblClient VC ON VC.lid = CO.lclientid

I'm trying something more simple like:

AND (RIGHT(isnull(VStock_strBookletIdent,TransT_strBarcodeRedemp),7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1

But not sure 100% that this is correct. Can you confirm?

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:12 AM
  • User-2146352328 posted

So sorry , that is the fixed version I try.

This is the query:

LEFT JOIN tblClientOrderItem COI
    		OR RIGHT(TransT_strVoucherBarcode,7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1)
    		AND COI.lQtySupplied>0
    	LEFT JOIN tblClientOrder CO
    		ON	CO.lid = COI.lclientorderid
    	LEFT JOIN tblClient VC
    		ON	VC.lid = CO.lclientid

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:16 AM
  • User-1404113929 posted

hi,

can you post full query , i mean with scomplete sql query, and can you please explain about your present issue, i can't figure out what is your problem.

thanks,

murali

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:59 PM
  • User-2146352328 posted

Hi.

It's a 5000 lines query.

The problem is here:

With pseudo code what i need is:

'and' 

If RIGHT(TransT_strBarcodeRedemp,7 = true then BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1

Else

'and'

RIGHT(VStock_strBookletIdent,7 =  BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 1:24 PM
  • User-1404113929 posted

hi,

this condition is correct. i think you are missed close bracket.

AND (RIGHT(isnull(VStock_strBookletIdent,TransT_strBarcodeRedemp),7) BETWEEN COI.lStartVoucherNumber AND COI.lStartVoucherNumber + COI.lQtySupplied - 1)

thanks,

murali.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 4:32 AM