Storage Usage Shot Up to 2.6PB RRS feed

• Question

• Middle of last week we discovered that the usage on one of our non-production storage accounts suddenly shot up to 2.6PB in the space of an hour.

Obviously this is extremely expensive, upwards of $60,000/month. Worst of all is that we can show that we didn't use 2.6 PB. Looking at the following screenshots you can see that the portal tells me that I have 77,000+ containers, but from Powershell I only see 61. This is obviously broken somehow, and we need to to be fixed. We haven't deleted the storage account because we had already been charged through the nose by the time we saw this, and wanted proof that there is something wrong. At the very least I would expect to not be charged 10's of thousands of dollars for a rogue usage meter.

• Edited by McAravey Monday, April 10, 2017 3:14 PM Grammer
    Monday, April 10, 2017 3:12 PM

All replies

• We would request you to create a Technical Support Ticket as our engineers would need to work with you on the issue and would require more details like on the issue.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:41 AM
  • We did create a ticket, but the support folks said it would take 30+ days to find out what is going on, which is not an option. So after a bunch of back and forth with them I got in touch with the support folks on Twitter, who directed me to create a post here so they could point the engineering people at it. So it seems we have gone full circle with no solution in sight :( :(

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 1:48 PM
  • Hi Samuel,

Our system noticed the issue early last week and we worked internally to track down the source of this data.
    I sent out an email yesterday to you and your team such that we can work with you to resolve this quickly.

Thank you,
    Xin

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 4:46 PM