none
How To Work With Results of DB2 SELECT Query Using DB2 Adapter (anyType?) RRS feed

  • Question

  • All:

    I'm utilizing the DB2 adapter in Biztalk 2009 to query data in a DB2 database on an iSeries machine.  It's working very well and the results of the query are correct.  The issue I'm having is that, I'm not at all sure how to utilize the results.  The issue is that all of the rows returned are placed into a node called "ResultSets" of type "anyType".  How do I get the rows from this "anyType" node out to work with (e.g. place into another message in an orchestration)?  Thank you in advance for any help.

    accdev

    Friday, June 11, 2010 9:25 PM

Answers

  • This link mentions how to slightly alter a schema that has an xs:anytype node so that it can be worked with: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547374(BTS.20).aspx. This makes it possible to distinguish the rows of the anytype data.

    Thanks,


    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, June 14, 2010 4:11 AM
    Moderator
  • Actually, I finally found an article that helped.  Instead of using the default solicit-response schema generated by the adapter, I created my own individual schemas which allowed me to utilized qualified xml doc on the response while still using unqualified for the request.  This did the trick.

    Thanks.

    accdev

    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:09 PM

All replies

  • This link mentions how to slightly alter a schema that has an xs:anytype node so that it can be worked with: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa547374(BTS.20).aspx. This makes it possible to distinguish the rows of the anytype data.

    Thanks,


    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, June 14, 2010 4:11 AM
    Moderator
  • Actually, I finally found an article that helped.  Instead of using the default solicit-response schema generated by the adapter, I created my own individual schemas which allowed me to utilized qualified xml doc on the response while still using unqualified for the request.  This did the trick.

    Thanks.

    accdev

    Tuesday, June 15, 2010 3:09 PM