none
SB Program on Another Computer RRS feed

• Question

• If I write a program in Small Basic, and then give it to another person who does not have Small Basic installed on their machine, I'm ASSUMING that I must give them all three files created by Small Basic, 1) the application file 2) a .pdb file and 3) a .sb file. These three files are then saved in the same directory on their computer.

First question - Are my assumptions correct?

Second question - If I decide to write the program using Fremy extensions, do I include other files, and what are they?

Sorry if this is a little mundane, I'm new to this.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:05 PM

Answers

• They must have at least .Net 3.5 SP1 installed, you then also need the exe you compiled and SmallBasicLibrary.dll (also found in the same directory as the exe).  If you use an extension, then you also need the extension dll, eg FC.dll.  You do not need the sb (source file) or the pdb (a debug file).

All the copied files should be in the same folder, exe and dlls.

• Edited by litdevModerator Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:45 PM typos
    • Marked as answer by AZDan Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:42 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:44 PM

All replies

• They must have at least .Net 3.5 SP1 installed, you then also need the exe you compiled and SmallBasicLibrary.dll (also found in the same directory as the exe).  If you use an extension, then you also need the extension dll, eg FC.dll.  You do not need the sb (source file) or the pdb (a debug file).

All the copied files should be in the same folder, exe and dlls.

• Edited by litdevModerator Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:45 PM typos
    • Marked as answer by AZDan Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:42 PM
    Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:44 PM
  • Thanks, again. That's what I wanted to know.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 9:43 PM
  • Dear AZDan

It´s just same issue that i had.

If i make a game in Flash, I´m sure that any computer has Flash Exe in the last version (free). Free and easy.

It´s not the same thing with a game built in Small Basic.

Well...let Microsot the  time for this young language. If we´ll make very well applications, going to good bussiness issues,  then we have a large platform for our programs.

Regards,

carlosfmur - Buenos Aires
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:02 AM